How To Tie A Headwrap
Understandably, we get a lot of questions about how to tie our signature, larger-than-life bows. We get it, they look sophisticated; people take one look and are overwhelmed. It seems like a lot, but I promise, it’s a lot easier than you think. If you can tie shoestrings, you can tie a GabeJade bow.
6 easy steps to achieving a GabeJade bow:
Hold the wrap behind your head, with one side in each hand.
2. Cross one side over the other and pull (like you would before you begin to tie shoe strings)
3. Make a “bunny ear” with one side (exactly how you would with a shoe string).
4. Wrap the other side around the loop and pull to make a bow (exactly how you would make a bow with your shoestring).
5. Here is the one step that is different from tying a shoe and also determines how your bow will look: you’re going to “open” the two bunny ears. You can move the bow around and twist it, you can tuck the left out ends into the open bunny ears or fluff the ends out to look like flower petals (more on that in an upcoming post).
6. Enjoy the compliments on your beautiful GabeJade bow!
Make sure you get these steps down, so you can be ready for our next blog post which will teach you how to achieve our 4 most popular big bow styles.
Model: Shayla Meeks, www.instagram.com/me.koh